Splashdown Vernon is a great place for your Summer Job!
Check out a description of our Positions Below!
Check out some the of the things to look forward to as a Splashdown employee!
Good Pay & Scheduling
Get full-time hours during the summer with consistent and flexible scheduling.
Opportunities for advancement and promotion, with pay increases based on returning years of service and experience.
2021 Starting Pay for a first year employee is $15.20
Quality Training & Experience
Get the skills you need to reach your future career goals
Add experience and trusted references to your resume
Training is provided for all positions – no prior certifications or experience required to apply
Amazing Staff Incentives
Free admission to the park
In-park discounts for personal use and when visiting with friends & family
Get the opportunity to spend your summer working outside and interacting with customers and co-workers. It is the responsibility of the Water Safety team to operate the various waterslide and pool positions throughout the park. Safety, vigilance, and friendliness are the traits of capable Water Safety employees. Description of some duties includes:
- Dispatching Sliders: This involves signaling patrons into tubes and waterslide flumes, give sliding instructions, and enforcing safety
- Scanning Positions: Attentively watching landing pools & enforcing the safety policies for our guests
- Customer Service: Our Water Safety department serves as the face of the company within the park, and is the primary point of contact between the company and guests during their visit. Top priority is given to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for our guests
On the job training is provided!
NLS, Bronze Cross, Standard First Aid and/or CPR Certification are not requirements to be in Water Safety, but they will make you eligible for more advanced roles within the department. (NLS also qualifies for higher pay)
In Guest Service you will be trained in a variety of tasks with all positions involving customer interactions. The ideal candidate has an enthusiastic attitude and possesses excellent communication skills in order to provide an informed and pleasant experience for all guests.
- Cashiering and selling tickets in our admission windows
- Renting locker keys, private cabanas, as well as loaning safety life vests, and more!
- Selling candy and merchandise in our gift shop
- Working at our entrance and exit gates, greeting guests, answering inquiries, assisting with wristbands, and enforcing policies
- Assisting in the organization and smooth entry of school bookings and groups
Food Service Attendants provide friendly and quality delivery of food and beverage services to our guests. If you thrive in a fast-paced team environment this position is perfect for you. It’s never a dull day in food services as you will have the opportunity to work in a variety tasks!
Splashdown Vernon offers variety of concession favorites, ice cream products, beverages and snacks. From the constant flow of stock item deliveries, to food prep, cooking, serving, and cleaning, Food Service employees are industrious and service-oriented.
Some duties include:
- Cashiering and taking orders
- Food preparation and cooking
- Preparing drinks and beverages across the park
- Assisting in rotation of stock, and opening and shut-down procedures
Food Safe training will be provided to successful applicants.
Park Facilities employees maintain the safety, cleanliness, quality, and general appearance of the waterpark facility.
Some Janitorial duties include
- Maintaining and restocking washroom and change-rooms
- Emptying and disposal of garbage and recycling across the park
Some Grounds duties include
- Power-washing and cleaning of slides, stairs, ramps, walkways, decks, entrance areas, etc.
- Mowing, trimming, and weed-whacking inside the park and out
- Pruning and weeding of garden beds and plants
- Garbage pickup and cleaning high-traffic areas around the park