Frequently Asked Questions
Summer 2021 COVID-19 Health & Safety
How do I know whether or not I am allowed to enter this park?
You are not permitted to enter this park if:
- You have traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days
- You have recently, or are currently experiencing flu-like symptoms
- You have been in close proximity to someone else within the past 14 days who has had flu-like symptoms
It is recommended that anyone 70 years of age or older refrain from entering our facility and engaging in use of our attractions
Any individuals with serious underlying medical conditions or are immune compromised should not attend
What can I do to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission?
Here’s what you can do to help us keep everyone safe:
- Consider bringing a mask or face-covering with you. It is recommended that guests wear a mask when entering our facility and inside the park whenever social distancing cannot be maintained. Requirements/recommendations subject to change depending on public health requirements.
- Masks MUST NOT be worn in pools, slides, or other water attractions – Regional Authorities strictly prohibit the wearing of masks in the water. Masks should be kept dry in a plastic ziploc bag when not in use.
- Maintain safe levels of social distancing (at least 2 Meters from other social units) within the park at all times
- Limit interactions to your social unit within the park at all times
- Wash your hands frequently; when you arrive and exit, before and after each bathroom visit, before and after sharing commonly touched surfaces
- Do not touch your face with your hands
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow and away from others around you
- Refrain from unnecessary trips to the restrooms
- Shower before you leave home and after your return home
- Be kind and calm and whenever possible, please leave it to our capable staff to approach guests that may need reminding of the Rules.
Are the slides and pools safe due to COVID-19?
More knowledge about the coronavirus is being gathered by science every day. Based on best science available, Regional Health Authorities state that the virus isn’t spread through chlorinated pool water when the proper amount of chlorine is added to pool water. Properly chlorinated pool water kills germs, including viruses. The amount of chlorine in the water needs to be properly maintained in order for its disinfectant qualities to be effective. This is why our Water Quality Pool Managers test chlorine and pH levels throughout the day and make adjustments as needed.
Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present. While we are constantly working to mitigate all risks, we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit. All Guests should evaluate their risk in determining whether to attend, and should do their best to follow hygiene recommendations from our public health officials.
Slide Restrictions & Rules
Are there height and weight restrictions?
There are a few restrictions. The River Riot Tube Slide has a minimum height requirement of 48″ tall. For all body slides adults may ride and assist children under 36″ tall. Kid Zone participants must be 12 years and under. Click Here for the full list of slides and height restrictions.
Maximum individual weight permitted on rides is 300 lbs.
Are the pools supervised?
All of our pools and slides are supervised by trained water safety personnel, however parents should not leave their children unattended. Children 8 years and under must be within arms reach of an accompanying adult at all times.
What slides can a parent double on with a little one?
The following slides can be doubled but height restrictions apply (child must be under 36″ tall):
- Double Trouble
- Zoom Flumes
- Intermediate Slides
- Kiddie Slides
- Ramp Slide
Can pregnant women use the slides?
No, due to manufacturers’ and safety guidelines, pregnant women must not use the slides.
Entry Rules & Restrictions
Can I leave and re-enter the park?
There is no re-entry for the 2021 season. Your paid Admission Expires upon exiting the Park.
Can I bring my own food and beverages?
Yes! You can bring your own food from home, however outside restaurant food will not be permitted into the park (ex: Pizza, subs, doughnuts, etc). You can bring your own beverages as long as they are commercially sealed. Glass Bottles & Alcohol are NOT permitted.
We strongly urge all guests to limit the amount of belongings brought into the park. Travel light. This is a health & safety precaution and will also assist us all in a fast-moving streamlined entrance process.
What is not permitted in the park?
- Opened beverages or drinks in open containers (i.e. jugs, thermos, water bottles, etc.)
- Outside restaurant food
- Glass bottles
- Drugs, alcohol or illegal substances
- Sharp objects, weapons or knives
- BBQ’s and other personal cooking devices
- Pets or animals
Can I drop my children off by themselves?
Children under the age of 8 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Children over the age of 8 may be unaccompanied by an adult, but please use your discretion & remember to pre-arrange a pick-up time. Visitors (including carpoolers, parents picking up their children, etc.) are not permitted into the park without purchase of an admission ticket.
Are pets allowed in the facility?
Pets and animals are not permitted in the facility and must not be locked in vehicles while parked in our lot. The RCMP will be notified of any pets left in vehicles.
Lockers & Other Rentals
Our locker rentals (and all other rental items) are a $5.00 charge plus a $10.00 deposit, which will be held until the return of the rental item. Locker rentals come with a key for unlimited in/out access to your locker while it is being rented.
Are you able to rent a tent or reserve an area?
Our deluxe cabana shelters (there are five of them) can be rented for $55/day. There are also dozens of picnic tables with shade umbrella available for FREE on a first-come, first served basis.
Are there life jackets available?
Life jackets are provided free of charge and are required for small children and weak or non-swimmers. They can be borrowed at our rental booth and returned when you are finished using it for the day.
Are there any special rates or deals?
Due to drastic capacity restrictions as required by Provincial and Health authorities, there will are no special rates or discounts for 2021.* There will be one General Admission price required for each person occupying capacity within the Park. No exceptions (except a child under 36″ is free with paid adult).
We do not sell hourly, seasonal, or multi-day passes.
What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, and Interac debit cards. Corporate cheques may be accepted from schools and large groups.
Do you have an observer rate or non-sliding fee?
Due to drastic capacity restrictions as required by Provincial and Health authorities, there are no non-slider, dry pass observer, or any other special rates* There will be one General Admission price required for each person occupying capacity within the Park. No exceptions (except a child under 36″ is free with paid adult).
Pools & Facilities
Is the water heated and/or chlorinated?
Yes! All pools, slides, and water features are heated & chlorinated.
Are there sufficient washrooms & changing rooms?
Yes, we have large washroom/change room facilities within the park directly facing the slides and hot tub.
Are there tents and shade structures?
Yes! There are several cabanas available for rent ($50/day) as well as picnic tables with shade structures that are available for FREE on a first come, first served basis!
Are there group rates? How do I make a group booking?
Due to Provincial distancing and capacity restrictions we will not be offering Group Bookings for the Summer of 2021.
In-Park Food & Beverages
What kind of food can be purchased at the park?
Burgers, veggie burgers, hot dogs, chicken Strips, and french fries can be purchased from our Burger Grill! A variety of scooped ice cream and other snacks can additionally be found our Ice Cream Parlor.
Can I bring my own food and beverages?
Yes! Splashdown guests are welcome to bring in their own food and drink to enjoy but please note the following restrictions:
(1) No alcohol is permitted on the premises.
(2) All beverages entering the park must be commercially labelled and sealed.
(3) BBQs and other portable cooking devices are not permitted (this includes: No Parking Lot Tailgating).
(4) Outside restaurant food is not permitted in the park.